The following are podcast series and talks available from Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, produced by Ancient Faith Radio.
Quick links: Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy | Foundations of the Orthodox Faith | Orthodoxy and Ecology | Orthodoxy and Evangelism | Voice from Antioch: An Ignatian Catechism | Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into our Times and Places | Orthodoxy and Localism | Orthodoxy and History | Interviews
Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy: What are the differences between Orthodox Christianity and other religious traditions?
- I. Heterodoxy & Heresy (introduction)– originally presented Sept. 27, 2009
- Part 1: Understanding the Terms
- Part 2: The Essentials of Christian Doctrine
- Handouts: Outline (including Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy quick references)
- Part 1: Papal supremacy, papal infallibility, and the filioque addition to the Creed
- Part 2: Purgatory, indulgences, and more
- Handouts: Outline, Dictatus Papae
- Part 1: Sola Scriptura
- Part 2: The Remaining Solas (Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria)
- Part 3: Specific Denominations
- Handouts: Outline, Protestant Divisions, Sola Scriptura
- Part 1: “Believer’s baptism” over against infant baptism, anti-sacramentalism, the “invisible Church,” etc.
- Part 2: Denominations that formed after the Radical Reformation, as well as two studies in ecclesiological inheritance (Restorationists and Adventists).
- Handouts: Outline, The Trail of Blood
- Part 1: Personal conversion, individualism, and private biblical interpretation.
- Part 2: Lecture continuation.
- Part 3: Holiness movement (including Pentecostalism / Charismatics), mega-churches, dispensationalism, fundamentalism, liberalism, and the “emergent” church movement.
- Handouts: Outline, Theosis in the New Testament
- Part 1: Judaism, Islam, Druze, Zoroastrianism, and Baha’i.
- Part 2: Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Modern Gnosticism, and Scientology.
- Handouts: Outline, Sunni/Shi’a Islam Comparison
- Part 1: Swedenborgians, Mormons, Unitarian Universalists, Christadelphians, and Christian Science.
- Part 2: Unification Church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and series conclusions.
- Handouts: Outline, Unitarian Universalists celebrate pagan Solstice, Mormon Progression, Unification Church Wedding Ceremony
- I. The Mystery of Christ: Part 1, Part 2
- II. Scripture and Tradition: Part 1, Part 2
- III. The Worship of God: Part 1, Part 2
- IV. Christian Life in the World: Part 1, Part 2
- This Holy Earth: Ecological Vision in the Cosmic Cathedral: Part 1, Part 2 (Bucknell University)
- Cosmic Cathedral: Orthodox Liturgy and Ecological Vision (St. Tikhon’s Seminary, from the Orthodox Spiritual Life and the Environment conference)
- A Divine Ecology: An Orthodox Christian Vision for the Environment: Part 1, Part 2
- Churching the Nation: Part 1, Part 2 (download: Orthodox Gospel tract)
- As Unknown and Yet Well Known: Introducing the Orthodox Church in American Culture
- An Introduction to God: Encountering the Divine in Orthodox Christianity
- Baptism into Data: Orthodox Christian Reflections and Comparisons with Evangelical Protestant Evangelism
- The Gospel Message: The Heart of the Orthodox Christian
- Taking the Light Ahead: Lessons from Missionary Saints of the Orthodox Church
- I. Martyrdom: Part 1, Part 2
- II. Salvation in Christ: Part 1, Part 2
- III. The Unity of the Church: Complete
- IV. The Bishop: Part 1, Part 2
- V. The Eucharist: Part 1, Part 2
- I. Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into Our Times and Places: Part 1, Part 2
- II. A Peculiar People: Orthodox Christian Identity in a Hostile World: Part 1, Part 2
- III. A Divine Ecology: An Orthodox Christian Vision for the Environment: Part 1, Part 2
- IV. The Transfiguration of Place: An Orthodox Christian Vision of Localism: Part 1, Part 2
- V. Doctrine Matters: Why Orthodoxy Isn’t Just Orthopraxy: Part 1, Part 2
- Orthodox Christians and Place (“Home, Community and Church”)
- The Transfiguration of Place: An Orthodox Christian Vision of Localism: Part 1, Part 2
- The American Orthodox Catholic Church: The first attempt at a multi-ethnic autocephalous Orthodox Church for America, led by Archbishop Aftimios Ofiesh (interview with Matthew Namee, host of the American Orthodox History podcast)
II. Roman Catholicism– originally presented Oct. 4, 2009
III. The Classical/Magisterial Reformation (Lutherans, Calvinists, Reformed, Zwinglians, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists, Wesleyans) – originally presented on Oct. 11, 2009
IV. The Radical Reformation (Anabaptists, Baptists, Brethren, Amish, Mennonites, Moravians, Restorationists, Adventists) – originally presented on Oct. 25, 2009
V. Modern Revivalism (Pentecostalism, Charismatics, Evangelicalism, Emergents) – originally presented on Nov. 1, 2009
VI. Non-Christian Religions (Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Zoroastrianism, Modern Gnosticism, Scientology, Animism) – originally presented on Nov. 8, 2009
VII. Non-Mainstream Christians (Swedenborgians, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Unitarian Universalists, Christadelphians, Christian Science, Unification Church (“Moonies”); also includes series conclusions) – originally presented on Nov. 15, 2009
Foundations of the Orthodox Faith: Four major themes in Orthodox Christian life, for both the beginner and those already familiar with the faith.
Orthodoxy and Ecology: Orthodox Christian theology and the created world.
Orthodoxy and Evangelism: Bringing the Orthodox faith to every person on Earth.
Voice from Antioch: An Ignatian Catechism: Major themes in Orthodox Christianity from the writings of St. Ignatius of Antioch.
Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into Our Times and Places
Orthodoxy and Localism: A vision for true community.
Orthodoxy and History: The stories of the Church in time.