Welcome! I’m Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, and you can read a lot about me here. But here’s the quick stuff you might want to know.
If you want to contact me about something, here is the place to do that.
If you want to read my blog posts, you can see the latest ones here. You can also subscribe so that you get them in your email.
I am a priest of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, and I work as the Chief Content Officer (CCO) for Ancient Faith Ministries (AFM), a department of the Antiochian Archdiocese. Mostly that means I make content such as books and podcasts. But I also help recruit and mentor contributors, set and enforce content policy, and advise AFM leadership.
From 2007 to 2020, I served in full-time parish ministry in parishes in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, and I was made an archpriest (protopresbyter) of the Antiochian Archdiocese in 2016. I remain an attached priest and member at St. Paul Antiochian Orthodox Church in Emmaus, Pennsylvania (where I served as pastor 2009-2020).
In 2020 the metropolitan archbishop of the Antiochian Archdiocese appointed me to serve AFM as the CCO, and I serve with his blessing as well as the blessing of the auxiliary bishop assigned to where I live, His Grace, Bishop Thomas.
I am also a husband and the father of four children.
I earned my BA in English Language and Literature from NCSU and my MDiv from St. Tikhon’s Seminary in South Canaan, Pennsylvania. I’m working on an MA in Language and Literature, with concentrations in Classical Literature (mainly Mythology) and Tolkien Studies, from Signum University.
I’ve written some books:
- The Lord of Spirits: An Orthodox Christian Framework for the Unseen World and Spiritual Warfare (2023)
- Arise, O God: The Gospel of Christ’s Defeat of Demons, Sin, and Death (2021)
- Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy: Finding the Way to Christ in a Complicated Religious Landscape (2011, 2nd ed. 2017)
- Bearing God: The Life and Works of St. Ignatius the God-bearer of Antioch (2017)
- An Introduction to God: Encountering the Divine in Orthodox Christianity (2014)
- The Wolf and the Cross (co-created with Richard Rohlin)
- The Lord of Spirits (co-hosted with Fr. Stephen De Young)
- Orthodox Engagement
- Amon Sûl – Tolkien & Orthodox Christianity (co-hosted with Richard Rohlin)
- The Areopagus (co-hosted with Michael Landsman)
- Orthodoxy & Heterodoxy (archived)
- Roads From Emmaus (archived)