Ancient Faith Ministries is building a private, subscription-funded Orthodox Christian children’s video channel called Ancient Faith Kids. A low monthly subscription (think $7 or thereabouts) will grant access to the whole collection, and subscription money will enable Ancient Faith to purchase video content for the channel.
Video content featured on Ancient Faith Kids will be edifying, engaging, specifically Orthodox Christian, and lovingly adapted to the developmental and spiritual stages of childhood. Expanding children’s content on our platform and tailoring it to the ways children now consume content are important goals of this venture.
We are currently working on donor support for the first 100 videos on the platform, enabling us to launch the project with content already present for the first subscribers to access. Going forward, we expect subscription funds to make the project self-sustaining, benefiting both the children who will enjoy the videos and those creating this content.
Videos for Ancient Faith Kids will be no more than 5 minutes in length, and we anticipate being able to pay $50 per minute of video (max= $250 for a 5-minute video). Videos purchased for this platform will be available exclusively on our platform and can’t be displayed elsewhere.
Please note that Ancient Faith Kids is not a venue for product reviews and demos. This is a content platform, not a sales platform.
Ancient Faith welcomes video submissions that meet the goals and guidelines for Ancient Faith Kids.
GOAL: To produce the highest quality, most faithful, engaging, loving video content we can to support our children in their journey to Christ.
- Script your video and create any props before you begin filming. ALWAYS.
- Content must be overtly Orthodox Christian, or it must be easily discernible how it applies to Orthodox Christian concepts and contexts. If your content includes prayers or hymns, please use the music of the church.
We prefer not to publish liturgical Orthodox Christian texts set to non-liturgical music.
- You must own the rights to all content in your video. If it is not original content, you must have written permission for its use. If you wish to use materials published (not simply sold) by Ancient Faith (one of our picture books, for example), please inform us.
- Find a place to film that is well lit and quiet, free from interruptions.
- Anyone who appears on screen should wear tidy, modest clothing in solid colors. Dots and stripes are not your friend on screen. If only your hands appear, make sure they are clean and well groomed.
- Any child appearing in a video must have written permission from his/her parents (if that’s not you). Please include documentation with your submission.
- If you’re on screen, don’t touch your face. It’s distracting and looks unprofessional.
SETTING AND LIGHTING:
- Be sure your camera is stable. No jiggling or bouncing.
- Use natural light from a window or a ring light to be sure your video image will be clear and well-lit.
- Be aware of glare.
- If you’re reversing the camera, be sure that what you are holding up (sign, picture, etc.) isn’t backwards to the viewer.
- Any background visible around the speaker or subject of the video should be interesting and attractive – but not cluttered or distracting. Any details that make it relate to the content of the video are welcome.
- Audio must be clear and present, recorded an appropriate distance from the mic to avoid hollow sound or echo. A lavalier mic or Air Pods are one way to achieve this.
- Be sure there are no background noises that will come through on the recording (fans, air conditioners, ticking clocks, barking dogs, etc.).
- Videos with no sound will not be considered.
Please refer to the following file types and video specs for your submission.
- Horizontal (not portrait) video in .mov, SD (770), HD (1080) versions and uncompressed
- Voiceover file in .wav (mp3 also acceptable)
- Additional SFX file if you used any special sound effects
- AUDIO DELIVERABLE SPECIFICATIONS
File Type: WAV
Bit Depth: 16 Bit
Sample Rate: 48000 HZ
- VIDEO DELIVERABLE SPECIFICATIONS
Archive Quality MOV File:
Frames-per-second: 24* (for stop motion)
Video Resolution: 1920×1080
Video Encoding: Apple ProRes 422 HQ (~22MB/s)
Audio Codec: Uncompressed
Audio Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Audio Sample Size: 16-bit
Audio Channels: Stereo
- File names help us keep track of your video. Save your file as YOURNAME.TOPIC.NUMBER. For example, if you are making us 3 videos on icons, your file name would be AMYJONES.ICONS.1 (or 2 or 3).
- Upload your files to the Box folder available to you at the submission link.
If this is your first time submitting a video to us, we require a letter from your priest affirming that you are an Orthodox parishioner in good standing with a blessing to do this work. We also require that you sign the AFM Content Creators Policy form (available for download at this link) and submit it with your first video.
If your video is accepted for release on Ancient Faith Kids, you will be notified by email. You will receive a Letter Agreement to sign and be asked to complete a Form W-9 if we do not have one on file for you.
When we receive all of these items, your video will be approved for release and you will receive payment in accordance with the Letter Agreement.