We are thrilled to announce the schedule for the approaching 2019 Ancient Faith Writing and Podcasting Conference. You’ll note that speakers, sessions, extra activities, meals, and worship are all included. Tickets are still available for this event, but they are selling quickly. If you have not yet registered, click here for more information and to purchase your ticket. For readability, only the speaker and title is included for each session below. You can find a more detailed description of each session, and the speaker bios, here.
Thursday, June 13, 2019
(There are two vans from Pittsburgh International Airport to Antiochian Village, one at 2 PM ET and one at 5 PM. The drive lasts approximately 90 minutes. Please note that if you take the 5 PM shuttle, you will miss dinner, so you will need to pick up something at the airport before you leave the secured area.)
5:30 PM Opening Dinner
6:30 PM Vespers
7:30 PM Keynote: Frederica Mathewes-Green. Can You Be All Things to All People and Still Be Yourself?
9:00 PM Social Hour
Friday, June 14
7:00 AM Matins (Sts. Peter and Paul Chapel, downstairs from the lobby)
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Session 1: 3 options
- Angela Doll Carlson. Voices in the Wilderness: Writing Beauty for the Digital Age.
- Summer Kinard. Faith You Can Touch: Concrete Thinking as a Model for Evangelism.
- Dr. Nicole Roccas. Spice Up Your Podcast Life!
10:15 AM Break
10:30 AM Session 2: 3 options
- Fr. Theodore Paraskevopoulos. Re-Catechism: Preaching to the Older Brother.
- Dr. Gary Jenkins. Deliver us from Gnostic Cannibals!: Engaging our Orthodox High School and College Students in Print, Podcasts, and the Classroom.
- Eric Jansson. Fair or Foul? Key Issues in Copyright.
11:45 AM Break
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Session 3: 2 options
- Brian Phipps. The Beauty of a Well-Made Thing: The Art of Editing Your Own Writing.
- Angela Doll Carlson, Nicole Roccas, Fr. Andrew Damick. PANEL: From the Page to the Podcast.
2:30 PM Break
3:00 PM Dn. Nicholas Kotar. Culture Creation for a Post-Christian America.
4:30 PM Vespers
5:30 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Fr. Stephen Freeman. Orthodoxy and Shame.
8:00 PM Book Signing at the Antiochian Village Bookstore, with wine and snacks!
8:30 PM Affinity Group Networking. Network with people who share your areas of interest!
9:30 PM #smallmusicmovment: Singing with the Sheehans!
Saturday, June 15
6:30 AM Divine Liturgy for Saturday of Souls
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM J.R.R. Tolkien Panel: Fr. Andrew Damick, Steven Christoforou, Michael Haldas, Dn. Nicholas Kotar, Dr. Gary Jenkins
10:00 AM First van to the airport
12:00 PM Second van to the airport